Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's All Gone To The Dogs....

Leona Helmsley, a well-known hotelier and real estate billionaire, died last month and has left her white Maltese a $12 million dollar trust fund to make sure that "continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum." Now if I was one of her children or grandchildren, I'd being cursing the aptly named puppy, "Trouble," and wondering what it was that made her go to such great lengths.


"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will. Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion. One employee had quoted her as snarling, "Only the little people pay taxes."
I think that's hilarious! Unfortunately, I was only 8 years old at the time of her trial, but honestly?.... the Queen of Mean. This lady must have been a real piece of work!
I guess Trouble really cashed in... good for you little guy... good for you...
Hey, Trouble?... got a few thousand dollars you could spare ;)

No comments: