Saturday, May 5, 2007

You think something just snapped?...

Ok..
I'm going to warn you about this post. I sometimes tend to have a bit of a twisted sense of humor, and more often than not, I like making light of what really is a bad or tragic situation. I guess I've always used humor as my little tool to diffuse the awful emotion inside of situations... but I digress...
I read this article yesterday about what is believed to be a roving pack of 3 dogs in Dallas that are single paw-dedly eliminating their most hated household rival, the feline, in almost a mercenary style. As described in the article in The Dallas Morning News, they believe these dogs are " a black Labrador mix and two German shepherd mixes." What's tragic is the fact that it's believed that these three dogs have killed over 20 some odd cats in East Dallas to date. And as I said, I have a weird sense of humor, so when I read it, I got images of these violent dogs are dressed up like Dog the Bounty Hunter, with armor, sunglasses, tattoos and REALLY bad hair cuts. And they're all sitting around a table, playing poker (because that's not cliche), talking trash about how Fluffy down the street came a marked their territory again today. And how Muffin left a coughed up furball on their doorstep that morning. Then suddenly, they snap and decide that if the Law won't act, they're going to take matter into their own hands. I know, I know, I know.... I'm terrible. Blame it on TV.
What is really the terrible thing is what was described by a resident of this neighbourhood where these dogs have been active, "What creeps me out the most is that my neighbor said that they were hunting in a pack," she said. "We've got a lot of babies and young children in the neighborhood. What if these animals went after one of them?" Now that's not funny at all.
And suddenly, I conjure up this ingrain childhood image of Bob Barker on the Price is Right, saying "Remember, have your pets spayed or neutered..."
Gosh, I've got a lot of junk stored upstairs. If I only could use my power for good... hmmmmm.... I wonder if Planet-Pets.com needs a resident super hero as well?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/DN-rovingdogs_05met.ART0.North.Edition1.435359d.html

For more articles and comments from Brandon James, subscribe to Planet-Pets.com's monthly newsletter - The Scoop - click here
www.planet-pets.com

No comments: