Wednesday, May 2, 2007

This is far from over...

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
When you look at the news and see how this food recall becomes more and more in depth, and how widespread an issue it really is, there's a feeling in your gut that it is FAR from over. As the details are revealed about the careless practice of using gluten and rice protein concentrates in pet foods to boost the protein content, I can't help but wonder. And if you are foolish to think that it is only used in pet foods, you're sadly mistaken.
I have absolutely no doubt that using these types of empty protein % "boosters" in human foods does occur, and although they may not be as detrimental to our health, they don't exactly do us any favours either.
I have been eating a much more organic, holistic diet for the past year and a half. I even worked with a naturopath just a year ago to redesign my diet and get rid of my allergies successfully. I've definitely felt the benefits of it personally.
This is far from over and I know that this recall isn't going away any time soon....

For helpful information to keep your pet happy and healthy, visit our bookstore at http://www.planet-pets.com/ebookstore1.htm

For more articles and comments from Brandon James, subscribe to Planet-Pets.com's monthly newsletter - The Scoop - click here
www.planet-pets.com

No comments: