Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nice reminder of what my dog did for my household..

Just this past weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting my parents in Atlanta, Georgia. Just last year, my family melted down from our main location of 15 years in Toronto, Canada into a spread out web including Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamilton, and Atlanta. My father got a job offer back in May of 2006, and left shortly thereafter to begin building his new business down in Atlanta.
I personally think it was toughest for my mom, not having the chance to even experience the "empty nest" syndrome, but lost in all this was my dear little puppy, Sabbie. An 11 year old Coton de Tulear , a breed originally from Madagascar, kept exclusively for the Royalty, my little dog is a real character.
I have no idea how, why, or when it happened, by somehow Sabbie became so connected with my mom that you would literally never see her outside of 4 feet from my mom. Completely content to follow in my mom's footsteps, Sabbie was the perfect fuzzy little shadow. What a cutie.
I haven't seen her since I moved out to Los Angeles last November, and I tell you, when I walked into their place in Peachtree City (a gorgeous community south of Atlanta), it was like I'd never left. It's amazing how dogs exist in a perpetual state of "now". It's always "now", never "before" or "after". That state of mind I find to be one of the most enjoyable personally, but it doesn't take much to happen over the course of the day to throw you out of it. It was just amazing to see how quickly the dynamic Sabbie facilitated within our family took hold. Immediately she became the grease, making everything smooth again.
That to me was the thing for which I am most grateful. We had some of our own moments together, but the way she single-"pawededly" became the one thing that we all agreed on is amazing. I come from a family with some pretty dynamic and hard headed characters, but the one thing we could all agree on was Sabbie and how much we loved her.
So are you looking for a solution to the fact your family always seems to argue? There's nothing better to grease the squeaky wheels than someone like my little Sabbie.
What a darling. I miss her already.

For more articles and comments from Brandon James, subscribe to Planet-Pets.com's monthly newsletter - The Scoop - click here
www.planet-pets.com

No comments: